One of the many glorious reasons people visit Taco Bell is to indulge in what has become a cult favorite in the soda lover’s world – Mountain Dew Baja Blast. Created over ten years ago, Baja Blast was made exclusively for Taco Bell and couldn’t be found in soda machines or grocery stores. Luckily for all of us, Baja Blast is starting to become a limited-time beverage that can be found in stores like Walmart and your local gas stations as part of a promotion that PepsiCo is calling the “Summer of Baja.”But the question still remains – how are we supposed to get our hands on this delicious soda pop after the Summer of Baja ends without going to Taco Bell five times a day? The answer is simple: make your own!
Before you run to the store and buy the fanciest home soda maker you can find, calm yourself down because you are really over thinking it. Instead of spending hundreds of dollars on that soda machine, just go to the nearest convenience or grocery store and buy a couple of 2-liter bottles of regular Mountain Dew and one or two bottles of Powerade (the blue Mountain Blast flavor). All you have to do now is fill 3/4 of your cup of choice with Mountain Dew (75%-80% ratio), and fill the remainder with Powerade (20%-25% ratio). Once you’ve stirred it, you can lay back, relax, and let the Summer of Baja continue!