It’s that time of the year when our TV’s are flooded with Christmas movies that take us back to our childhood. With that being said here are 10 Christmas classics that you need to watch before you die. (I know many will disagree with most of these, that’s the great thing about freedom of speech!)
10. Jingle All the Way – Who doesn’t love seeing Arnold run all around Minneapolis trying to find an action figure?
9. How the Grinch Stole Christmas – This isn’t one of my favorites, but it is still one that needs to be seen. And if you’re feeling really in the Christmas spirit, check out the Jim Carrey remake.
8. Scrooged – Bill Murray does an excellent job portraying Scrooge while taking a classic and adding a “modern” twist to it.
7. The Polar Express – Once we grow up, we forget about Santa and everything that goes along with it. This movie wants us to still remain kids and teaches us to “believe”.
6. A Christmas Story – Everyone wants a Red Ryder bb gun! Until we get it and shoot our eye out…
5. The Santa Clause – For those that like to laugh and enjoy seeing the “tool man” in a fat suit, this movie is right for you.
4. Home Alone and Home Alone 2 – The holidays are meant to be spent with family, but if you do happen to leave someone behind, make sure it’s a 9 year old boy in the suburbs of Chicago, or hope the criminals are a dumb as Marv and Harry.
3. A Charlie Brown Christmas – Forget Santa and the reindeer. Here we learn what the true meaning of Christmas is and enjoy an American classic.
2. Elf – Will Ferrell was amazing in this film that was full of nonstop laughter from start to finish.
1. National Lampoons: Christmas Vacation – What can I say about this movie? Other than “pure genius”. It’s hard to explain what makes this movie #1, but once you watch it, you will understand.
*Movies that were close to making the list: Miracle On 34th Street, It’s A Wonderful Life, A Christmas Carol, Nightmare Before Christmas.