5 Tips For Buying A Home
When it comes to growing up and making decisions, one of the biggest and hardest decisions we will ever have to make is when to buy a house. There are several factors that go into this decision from income, to the type of house you want, to where you want to live. As much as we would like for this process to be easy and require as little from us as possible, that just can’t be done. However, these tips will hopefully help make this major decision easier for when that time comes.
- When looking at houses, don’t look at houses priced more than 2.5 times your income. This is a realistic amount that will keep you from overextending yourself on your mortgage.
- Even if you don’t have any kids, try to buy a house in an excellent school district. This will help keep up the property value and will make it easier to resell, whenever that time comes, as many home buyers have children and school is important.
- Hire your own home inspector to determine any potential problems. Their report might help you when it comes to negotiating the price of the house.
- Before you go out looking and making any offers, get “pre-approved”. This will put the seller at ease knowing you are a sure thing and not a gamble. This also might help in your price negotiating.
- Try to get a realistic view of the neighborhood before you buy your house. Get an idea of drive time from your potential home to work and during the time of day when you would be traveling.