There is nothing better than a delicious dessert that has apples, cinnamon, and vanilla ice cream. One of my favorite things to make during the summer are southern apple dumplings. This is a simple recipe that is sure to be a hit with everyone that tries it. Just follow the instructions below and you won’t have anything to worry about.
- 1 large apple (The more tart, the better)
- 1 can crescent dough
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2/3 cups sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup or 6 oz. 7-Up or equivalent (half the can)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8×8 baking dish.
- Cut each apple into 8-10 wedges. Slice the apple skin off as well and set aside.
- Separate the crescent roll dough into triangles. Roll each apple wedge in crescent roll dough starting at the wide end. Pinch to seal and cover apple and place in the baking dish.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan and stir in the sugar and cinnamon. Heat, whisking to combine. The mixture will slowly combine and thicken. When it’s thickened, remove from heat and add vanilla.
- Pour cinnamon mixture over the apple dumplings. Pour soda over the dumplings
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden brown.