Follow us on social

Latest Cheats

Submit a Life Cheat

Got something good? Drop us a line at

Advertising Inquiries

Contact us at to discuss advertising opportunities on and our social media network of over 1.5 million followers.


PO Box 159
Menifee, CA, USA

Follow Us

Tips For Changing Your Name After You Say ‘I Do’


Every girl looks forward to that day when they finally walk down that aisle and say those famous words “I Do”.  After the months of wedding planning and making arrangements to have the most perfect day ever, taking care of one of the most important things tends to get pushed to the back burner and that is the name change.  If only it was just a simple fix of going to the different places and saying you are married by showing them your marriage certificate.

Actually, it is that easy.  There is really only one thing you will need to take with you everywhere you go, but the order in which you deal with these things is key.  The piece of paper you will need to get you name changed is at the bottom of your marriage license.  Make sure you carry this around with you everywhere you go to change your name.

The first place you will need to go to change your legal name is your local social security office.  This has to be done first in order to change your name on your driver’s license or your bank accounts.  All you have to do is fill out the name change form and show them that marriage certificate.

Next, you will go down to the DMV to get your new driver’s license.  You can do this one of two ways.  You can either wait for your new social security card or you can go on down there with your reciept from the social security office and that marriage certificate to get your new license.

Finally, you’ll want to change your passport within the first year of issue because it is free to do!  All you have to do here is mail in the name change form, your old passport, 2 new passport photos, the fee, and that slip from the bottom of your marriage certificate (that was used to get everything else).  If your passport is issued l0nger than a year prior, you still won’t have to pay full price to update it.

There are still a few things that will need to be changed as well, but these are the major ones that you should get done immediately.  The others include your W2 tax information at work, insurance, credit cards and bank accounts, which can all usually be done online or on the phone.

Post a Comment

You don't have permission to register