Whenever we go to the gym, it always seems to be when we don’t have time to really get our workout in. Regardless of what time of day we go, there just never seems to be enough hours in a day to get a good workout. However, there are some tips that you can utilize to help you save some time in order to get the most out of your workout while you are there.
1. Be dressed to workout before you leave for the gym. This one is usually the one that cuts down on the time spent hitting the weights or cardio. If you think about it, you spend about 10 minutes each time you change which already cuts out 20 minutes of working out.
2. Try to go to the gym during off hours. If your schedule allows it, try to go to the gym when there aren’t many people there. There are several benefits to doing this, one of which is all the equipment is pretty free for use.
3. Incorporate lunges between stations. This exercise is good because it works on your legs as well as your core. Instead of doing this exercise as a station, try to do them between stations. That way you can save that time you had set aside for lunges to do something else.
4. Plan your workouts around the gym design. It’s important to know where each piece of equipment is so you aren’t wasting any time trying to locate where you need to be.
5. Do compund exercises. Instead of trying to isolate a muscle group, do some compound exercises to maximize the muscle groups being worked on and cutting down your time spent in the gym.
6. Use the elliptical. If you are trying to focus on burning calories, the elliptical is always a good option. Not only are you working out your arms and legs, you are also increasing the amount of calories burned because of that. Whereas the treadmill or bike only works on one muscle group, you are essentially doing a compound workout by using the elliptical.
7. Increase your workout intensity. As you are challenging yourself, try to increase your intensity each time. The harder you are working, the more calories you are going to burn in less amount of time.
8. Try not to socialize. I know it is hard to go to a gym and not run into someone you know. But if you can, try to avoid talking to people so you can focus and knock out your workout as quick as possible. You should be doing gym workouts while you are at the gym, not chit chatting.
9. Pack a shower bag. If you have something like this ready, you can avoid the shower and freshen up rather quickly if you have everything together. This will also allow you to grab it and jump into a shower if you have to go during the peak hours.
10. Download audiobooks. If you are trying to find something to help you pass the time while you are doing your gym routines, audiobooks are a great time-passer. You can also set your workout to being a couple chapters. This way you are getting a good workout in and reading a good book.