Turn an old bike into your new bow.
Here’s all you need:
- A saw to cut the bike rim.
- Snips or some way to remove the spokes from the wheel.
- File to tidy cuts – pliers to bend.
Materials for the basic build:
- Bike wheel.
- Eyelets of some description.
- Inner tube from wheel.
- Catapult rubber (or you can use cut down inner tube but it is not as powerful).
- Retainers for the threaded end of the eyelets (plasterboard expanding grommets in this case).
- A spoke for the sight.
Take your scrap wheel and strip it down to it’s constituent parts. Clean up the body/frame. Strip down the spindle and remove the bearings. Take a saw and cut the rim/wheel in half between two holes. Clean up the corners and round off any sharp edges. You can get a better idea for how to do it but following this how-to guide.