Playful Jabs And Teasing
When you were a kid, how did you let a girl know that you liked her? Unless you were a true romantic by the time you were 8 years-old, you probably teased her in a playful manner. Both men and women use teasing as a way to let another person know they’re crushing on them. For women, teasing has also been a way of testing your intentions. Even if she takes it too far, don’t let it bother you. She’s probably just trying to find out exactly how interested you are. You also don’t want to be dull, and you need to fire back. Here are some things you can do:
- Start with something a little less intense and get more personal as the conversation progresses. You could maybe say something sexual very early on but if she’s not invested in you, it’s very likely going to backfire on you.
- Don’t make fun of yourself too much.Self-deprecating, cynical, and negative humor might get a laugh but it won’t get you a date.
- Give her a silly nickname. “You’re such a little brat/punk!” Be sure to say it with a smile on your face.
- Accuse her of hitting on you or being sexually aggressive. “Are you hitting on me?” “Get your mind out of the gutter!”
- Have real conversation, too. Don’t tease her constantly, mix it up with more substantial or meaningful talk. Listen and avoid making fun of her when she’s telling you something serious.