Disable The New System Haptics
There’s haptic feedback almost everywhere on iOS 10, created to simulate real world. While most people will look past it, others can find it annoying. To disable it, go into Settings and find the “Sounds & Haptics” section. From the bottom, turn off the “System Haptics” option.
Increase Security With Two-Step Verification
You use your Apple ID for everything to do with Apple, from shopping on the iTunes Store to enabling iCloud on all our device. To help prevent your account from being hacked, enabling two-step verification is important.
- Head over to your Manage your Apple ID webpage on Apple’s website by following this link.
- Click on Manage your Apple ID button.
- You’ll be prompted to sign in. Enter your Apple ID and password and click on the Sign in button.
- Click on the Password and Security menu option on the left.
- You’ll be prompted to answer two security questions. Enter the answers and click the Continue button.
- Under Manage your security settings, you will see the option to set up two-step verification for your Apple ID.
- Click on the Get Started… link.
- You’ll see the explanation of the Two-step verification for Apple ID. Click on the Continue button after you’ve read it.
- You’ll see an information page that tells you once the feature is enabled, the only way to make changes to your account will be to sign in with two-step verification.
- If you’re ready to enable it, click on the Continue button.
- Next you will be informed about the Important things to remember. Click on the Get Started button once you’ve read through it.
- You will be asked to Verify your trusted devices. Once you’ve enabled two-step verification, any time you sign in to manage your Apple ID at My Apple ID or make a purchase from a new device, you’re going to need to enter your password and a 4-digit verification code.
- Click on the Verify link next to each device and Apple will then send you a temporary 4-digit Apple ID verification to your iOS device. Enter the 4-digit verification code and click on the Verify Device button. You will need to follow this step for all the iOS devices you want to verify. After the iOS device has been successfully verified you should verified against that device in green with a tick.
- After you’ve verified your iOS devices and at least one SMS-enabled phone number, click on the Continue button.
- Apple will next give you a 14-digit Recovery key that you’ll need to put somewhere safe. This key will allow you to access your account if you forget your password or lose your verified devices. Click on the Continue button once you’ve saved the key.
- You’ll be asked to enter that 14-digit recovery key. After you’ve entered it correctly, click on the Confirm button.
- After you’ve read the conditions, check the box to confirm you understand the conditions and then click on the Enable Two-Step Verification button.
- You will get a confirmation that the two-step verification has been enabled for your Apple ID. Click on the Done button.